The Rotary Club of Leicester is appealing for the donation of Christmas Hampers from its members, the general public and local businesses as part of it’s Rotary4Foodbanks Leicester project.
We would like to ask the generous people of Leicester and Leicestershire to help others have a Merry Christmas this year by donating prepared Christmas Hampers.
Suggested items for the hamper contents include:
- Family boxes of biscuits-eg Family Circle, Foxes, shortbread
- Christmas puddings – all sizes
- Christmas cake
- Mince pies, Stollen, Gingerbread
- Cranberry sauce
- Packets of stuffing
- Cheese biscuits (Ritz, Jacob’s crackers, etc.)
- Chocolate Orange, Matchsticks, After Eights
- Tins of fish (Salmon, Tuna, etc.)
- Pringles, Twiglets, Mini cheddars, etc.
- Jams, Chutneys, Pickles, etc.
- Tinned fruit (Mandarins, Fruit Cocktail, Peaches slices, etc.)
- Tinned custard/Brandy sauce
- Pickled onions
- Cheese twists/Breadsticks
- Tins/boxes of sweets eg Quality street, Roses, Celebrations and Heroes
- Bottles of grape juice/Schloer
Hampers do not have to be in a wicket basket, a sturdy cardboard box will suffice, and we will be very grateful for any hamper you could donate.
Please donate these items to us by mid December to help us get them to everyone in need before Christmas.
Drop Off Details
The Zinthiya Trust – 12 Bishop Street, Leicester, LE1 6AF. Open – Monday to Thursday from 9.30 am to 5 pm and on Friday until 2 pm.
Help The Homeless Leicester – 9 Abbey Street, Leicester LE1 3TE. Open – 9.30 am to 2.30 pm Monday to Friday. Note this office is closed until the 23rd November 2020.
The Open Hands Compassion Centre – 23-25 Highfield Street (on the corner of Upper Tichborne Street), Leicester LE2 1AB. Donations can be dropped of any Tuesday or Thursday between 1.00 pm and 4.00 pm.
Midland Langar Seva Society – Please contact Ginda to arrange collection or delivery Ginda Basra Lead – Team Leicester, MLSS Trustee, Midland Langar Seva Society Tel: +44 (0) 7802 669 057
Please e-mail us with your details and we can contact you to arrange a collection or offer an alternative drop-off point.