New Presidents Newsletter July 2015
ROTARY CLUB OF LEICESTER
OUR CLUB PLAN
2015 TO 2016
PRESIDENT PAUL BONNETT
29th June 2015
At the heart of our Club plans
The theme set by the incoming R.I. President
Rotarian K R “Ravi” Ravindran
“Be a gift to the World”
We can achieve this
- Service above self
- Fellowship with all that we encounter
- Diversity we welcome all
- Integrity we do what we say we are going to do
- Enjoyment we have some fun along the way
Chairman Rodney Spokes
- Continue to ensure we attract and retain new members.
- Mentorship of new members – make them feel welcome
- M4B meetings – encourage potential members to attend
- Engage our members – use their skills.
Chairman Mark Sandall
- Minor Sports
- Social events during the year
- 8th September visit to Bradgate Park
- 18th December Christmas Carol Concert
- 21st December Christmas lunch
- 20th April social evening at Zephs
- District Conference
Chairman Moira Bartlett
(An Active Club is an Attractive Club)
- Youth service and numerous activities from Youth Speaks to the Technology Challenge
- Kids Out
- Rotary Golf Tournaments
- RI Foundation
- Benevolent Fund for local Charities
- End polio now still continues
- Ambassadorial Scholars
- New website – maximise use of this excellent site
- Social media to keep our name out there
- Improve our P.R. and relationship with local media
- Continue to have a diverse range of quality speakers
- Improve our strike rate with District News and Events
- Target to raise £150,000 – progress to date £100,000 raised.
- Two grant applications awaiting outcome in August/September
- Foundation grant application in process
- 8th September visit for club to Bradgate Park
- Fund raising activities being planned
- Visitor Centre official opening Sept 2016
Key Strategic Objectives
2013 to 2017
- Grow the membership of the club from the current figure of 72 back to a minimum of 80 by 31 May 2017.
- Fully support our Centenary Appeal for the proposed New Visitor Centre for Bradgate Park and look to raise our target of £150,000 over the next three years.
- Continue to support local worthwhile charitable causes through service, commitment and monetary support.
- Support Rotary Foundation and other Rotary initiatives, when thought applicable.
Key to achieving objectives
“Service before Self”
New ideas always welcome!
…………. and finally
My charity of the year is
The Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Rutland Air Ambulance
Their vision is clear: We want children to grow into adults, we want adults to live longer and we want bereavement through trauma to become rare.